Scout Firesteel with carbide scraper and fatwood
Used extensively by Blackthorn-USA instructors these firesteels work very well and last a long time with frequent use. When it’s to cold for lighters and to wet for matches these are the ticket. The carbide scraper never dulls and always throws good sparks. Comes with a piece of fatwood for making tinder.
- Lightweight and durable – Scout model lasts 3000 strikes
- Produces a 5,500°F (3000°C) spark
- Approved by the International Survival Instructors Association.
- Used by militaries around the world, Scout firesteels dependability has already made it a favorite of survival experts, hunters, fishermen and campers.
- Works when wet and at any altitude
- Bright spark – can be used as emergency signal